Many times, the hardest people to shop for are the men in my life. Ladies, are you with me? Maybe it’s because I’m a woman and have two girls, so I’m always looking at female things. Maybe it’s because the men in my life (my husband, brother/brother-in-law, father/father-in-law) are not big on presents, but are big on get-togethers with good food and time spent together. Or maybe it’s because most gift guides out there are geared towards the typical male who is sports and tech gadget obsessed. My husband does not fit the mold when it comes to what most men may want for presents. I know in general what some of his favorite things are, but I also sat down and asked for his help to come up with a list of his favorite things for the men out there that may want something other than a sports jersey or speakers.
Here’s the Top Ten Gifts for Men that we came up with. Click on any image to see more details. Most of these items are inexpensive, so you can definitely pick a couple of items and put them together to make a bigger gift.
Here’s my husband’s honest editorial of his favorite things:
1) Pajamas– This brand is not your grandfather’s pj’s. They have a modern fit, are made from high end material, and are very comfy.
2) Hat– It is fleece-lined so not itchy. It is very warm yet stylish and the visor is a nice touch to guard from glare.
3) Sunglasses– These are polarized, light weight, and fit well.
4) Boxers– They feel like second-skin and are long lasting. Worth every penny. (He’s tried all types of boxers, believe me.)
5) Gloves– The ultimate luxury driving gloves, anatomically fitted perfectly.
6) Socks– High fashion, high quality, cool designs.
7) Watch– Rugged, waterproof, scratch-proof; pretty much everything-proof.
8) Ring– The perfect ring for the man with an active lifestyle. You can wear it while lifting weights, doing yard work, or any heavy labor type task where you wouldn’t want to wear nice jewelry. It’s soft yet durable and comes in different colors. My husband has this ring in black and silver.
9) Resistance Tube– The best quality exercise bands. Perfect for on-the-go. Easily fits in a work bag or backpack.
10) After-shave– Very moisturizing without being greasy. No strong fragrance. It is a cream, not a gel.
Hope this helps you find some unique gifts for those special men in your lives.