I love a good dupe. Of course, luxury items are fabulous. What is not to love about a designer product, with its iconic style and beautiful craftsmanship? However, it is not always practical or accessible for the everyday girl. And I’ve found that many of my favorite retailers pull off the designer look at affordable price points with pretty good quality. Trends come and go so quickly that it’s great to find a good dupe of a style you love and not have to feel guilty about spending top dollar for it.
I thought it would be fun to post some trendy designer items and their designer-inspired counter-parts. I keep a page on the blog, ‘Favorite Dupes‘ too see all of my finds and add them along the way. Whether you are loyal to a designer brand or love the look for less, hope this is a entertaining read. I will divide them up into categories and keep adding to them to my ‘Favorite Dupes‘ page in the future as I find new items. Enjoy!
1) Goyard tote
Original, around $2,000
2) Chloe Pixie Bag
Original, around $1500
3) Chloe Nile Bracelet Bag
Original, around $1700
4) Clare V. Round Straw Bag
Original Small, $175
Dupe, $90: The strap is darker than the original, but this wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me. In black, it looks almost identical.
5) Chloe Faye bag
Dupe, $55: I have this bag in the cognac and taupe and love it.
6) Studded Mule
Pricier newer version, $130: beautiful blush color and gold studded detailing. Love it, but can’t commit at that price.
Similar style, around $50: Slightly different lines, and studs are more of a silver color. But still so cute, great brand, and much more affordable.
7) Gucci mule
Dupe, $20: I have these and they are comfortable right out of the box and go with so many things!
Open-toe Block Heel Sandal
1) Original: I bought these last year on great sale. They are my favorite open-toe dressy sandal.
2) Dupe: These are great replicas! Only $35. The toe might be slightly rounder than the original, but otherwise looks identical.
Gucci Soho Disco Bag
1) Original: Around $1200. This is such a beautiful bag that it on my forever wish list.
2) Dupe: I’ve read good things about this bag line. So many styles that are similar to well-known designers. Personalization is offered too. Around $200.
Valentino Rockstud Sandal
1) Original: These are such gorgeous classic shoes. Around $1000.
2) Dupe: These were popular dupes from last year, got good reviews, and are still available. Love the taupe color. Around $80.
3) Flat Original: Beautiful flat sandal. Timeless design. Around $900.
4) Flat Dupe: I have a great dupe from Target last year, but I can’t find it available right now. This dupe is from the same brand as the block heel version so I’m guessing it’s good. Around $85. I will keep hunting for a better priced one again at Target.
Layered Disc Necklace
1) Original: I have this necklace which I scooped up during a Black Friday deal. Super versatile.
2) Dupe: Not as shiny or bright gold color, but that’s kind of nice sometimes too. More of a casual and understated vibe. Styling very similar. Around $20.
1) Original: These are iconic designer bracelets, but are also an investment. Vary based on stones $600-1900.
2) Dupe: I have 2 of these and love them. I wouldn’t feel guilty if I lost or damaged one since they are inexpensive. And they’ve lasted through almost daily wear and tear and frequent size adjusting. Substantial weight. Around $17!. Actually as I write this, I am ready to order another color! This is a good one!
Do you have any good dupes to share? I’d love to hear about them!
*This page contains affiliate links, which means if you click on and/or purchase an item I may receive a small commission. This is at no cost to you.